Thursday, December 26, 2013

Not over!

Christmas day was perfect, but only a segment of this great month (which isn't over yet)!  I believe I have failed to mention here that my husband and I treated ourselves to bicycles in November so we've had fun playing with them and biking all over the city.  Last weekend we rode to one of our favorite neighborhoods and had a wonderful lunch, complete with rosé


I also celebrated my 29th birthday with a trip to Asheville, NC and a few gatherings with friends.  And even though my husband was out of town on the actual day (in Ireland, the lucky duck!) he still remembered to send me flowers which have brightened up a corner of my work desk ever since.



Despite the craziness of constant activities, I've tried to keep up with recipe experimentation, including this "falafel pie" which, although not the most beautiful visually, was really good and very easy to make (recipe here).


 
Christmas eve started out a bit bland with work, where I wore an outfit that, in hindsight, appears to be elf colors!


Afterwards we went to my parents house in the burbs where we straight up chillaxed.  After opening presents with them in the morning, we came home and opened our presents to each other which included some AWESOME stuff!

Shoes for biking (the burgundy pair) from Urban Outfitters


A bag for biking from Madewell


As well as a bike basket, new seat, and backpack for long trips.  Obviously this Christmas was dedicated to our new hobby!  Luckily we have many bike rides coming up in the next week so we can test everything out before student teaching starts for me and busy season starts for him.  Then we may have to wait a few months for free time!  

Till New Years, it is still Christmas in my book, so many more celebrations to come!!

No comments:

Post a Comment