Thursday, September 5, 2013

It's Been Awhile!

Well, as it turns out, when you start graduate school, some things get put on the back burner.  Things such as:

1.  Writing in this blog.  Such enthusiasm right out of the gate and theeen...a few semesters later I am remembering that I even started it.  Back in business!

2.  Magazine reading.  Seriously, I have a 3 ft. high stack of unread magazines that continues to grow month by month.  Come December, I am determined to catch up!

3.  TV watching.  A few of the unfinished tv series I've started that I have yet to finish:  American Horror Story, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black (haven't technically started this but I have been talking about doing it for-e-ver).

4.  Thrifting.  I need to devote a Saturday to this soon.  I haven't been super excited about a thrift store haul in way too long.

All that being said, some really great things have happened/are soon to happen:

1.  I got married!!!  I mean, hard to top that!  The planning made me batty at times but the wedding itself as well as married life have just been amazing.  It's an adventure I didn't know if I would ever attempt but I love it so much and couldn't be happier with my little family!



2.  I am in the second to last semester of my program!  I truly can't believe how fast time has flown.  I vividly remember the (many years) path toward doing this and all the contemplation and internal struggles.  Before I applied, I was comfortable at my little office job but very much unfulfilled.  Now I am crazy busy, feel stressed and/or terrified on a daily basis, and often wonder if I can get it all done BUT I am on a path towards achieving a major career goal and that is a fantastic feeling.  The closer it gets, the more I just want to have my own classroom already!

Excited to be back in this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment